1) Be careful what you share. Even on Snapchat when you think that it’s gone after one click, it’s always going to be there, somebody might take a quick picture, with another phone, then now anyone can see that photo at any time
2) Always use the Privacy option if that social network has a privacy option. It limits who can see your posts/tweets.
3) Don’t believe what you hear. Just because somebody said some on the internet doesn’t mean it’s true, so don’t spread rumors.
4) Search yourself. I know it sounds weird but it’s a good idea to search yourself on Google so you can see what others can see on your Twitter/Facebook/etc.
5) Your virtual friends should be only be your real life friends. I’m sure everyone has friends on Facebook that they probably have never met. That’s not always a good idea, that person could be a stalker and you don’t want him/her to see your personal information.
6) Limit your social media. Bigger doesn’t mean better. Limit the amount of social media accounts you have. It’s alright to have Twitter/Facebook/Instagram. But don’t have 20 different personal social media sites.
7) Have different passwords. If someone were to find your Facebook, they’re most likely going to use that same password for other social media sites, that’s why it’s a good idea to have different passwords.
8) Don’t be a bully. This is a new age where they are bullies online, don’t be one of them.
9) Don’t lie about who you are. Don’t pretend you are someone you are not. Even if it’s a joke, you can be mistaken for a bully or stalker and the police might get involved.
10) Get off it once in a while. Don’t be one of those people who constantly use social media almost every single minute of day. Get off it once in a while and actually have a life.